Posts Tagged ‘President’
Sent to me in an e-mail. It’s attributed to John Hawkins, I found the original post here. It doesn’t seem to have made the rounds – so – figured I would re-post here. There are 40 reasons here – add your own in the comments, because, Lord knows, there are A LOT more than 40 reasons to get rid of this POS POTUS
1) Obama took 700 billion dollars out of the Medicare program and put it into his wildly unpopular health care program. This is despite the fact that even Obama has admitted,
Medicare in particular will run out of money, and we will not be able to sustain that program no matter how much taxes go up.Mitt Romney and Paul Ryan will put that money back into the Medicare program where it belongs, while Obama won’t.
2) Barack Obama’s stimulus plan cost more than the Marshall Plan, the Louisiana Purchase, and putting a man on the moon — combined and it was a complete and utter failure — more than 800 billion dollars that accomplished nothing of significance.
3) If Barack Obama is re-elected, Obamacare will go into effect in 2014. This will lead to huge doctor shortages, exploding health care costs, companies dropping insurance, death panels, much longer waits to see a doctor, and a dramatic deterioration in the quality of American medical care.
4) Do you believe that your taxes should go up in the next four years? Well, Barack Obama does,
“Nobody’s looking to raise taxes right now. We’re talking about potentially 2013 and the out years.” — Barack Obama5) Even the left-wingers at Politifact admit that Obama broke his promise to cut the deficit in half by the end of his first term.
6) America lost its AAA credit rating for the first time since 1917 on Obama’s watch.
7) Even though Barack Obama keeps blaming do-nothing Republicans for his myriad of failures, the Republicans in the House have passed multiple budgets while Barack Obama and the Democrats in the Senate haven’t pushed a budget through in the last three years. That’s a big deal because passing a budget is one of the most basic duties of Congress. A Congress that can’t pass a budget is like a mechanic who can’t handle an oil change.
8) Barack Obama called George Bush “unpatriotic” for adding so much to the debt. Yet, Obama added more debt in 3 years and 2 months than Bush did in both terms.
9) “Do you think it’s okay for Barack Obama’s campaign contributors at Solyndra to receive a 535 million dollar government loan, approved by one of Obama’s fundraisers, even though it was known that the company was in trouble and there was an excellent chance it wouldn’t be able to pay back the loan?”
10) Barack Obama is touting his interference on behalf of his union cronies at General Motors and Chevrolet as a big “success.” The cost of that “success” for the taxpayers? 25 billion dollars.
11) Obama selected Tim Geithner, a man who was a tax cheat, to be his Treasury Secretary. That’s bad enough, but then Obama spent his whole first term lobbying for tax increases and accusing other people of being greedy for wanting to keep more of their own money. When even the Treasury Secretary refuses to willingly pay all of his taxes, maybe the problem is that you’re spending too much, not taxing the American people too little.
12) Under the “Cash for Clunkers” program, Obama spent 3 billion so he could buy and destroy perfectly functional cars. This was mind-numbingly stupid, but it was supposed to at least cause a major spike in auto sales and improve gas efficiency. The program is now almost universally recognized as a failure on every count.
13) Barack Obama put an end to NASA’s manned space flight. In other words, because of Obama we no longer even have the same capabilities that we had in 1969. Meanwhile, NASA Administrator Charles Bolden says the “foremost” mission of NASA is now Muslim outreach. Yes, really.
14) Despite the fact that Obama had a disastrous first term, he hasn’t even put forth a second term agenda. After one of the worst four year runs of any President in American history, Obama’s message to the voters is, “Trust my judgment when it comes to deciding what we’ll do differently.”
15) “If you’ve been successful, you didn’t get there on your own. You didn’t get there on your own. I’m always struck by people who think, ‘Well, it must be ’cause I was just so smart.’ There are a lot of smart people out there. ‘It must be because I worked harder than everybody else.’ Let me tell you something: If you’ve got a business, that–you didn’t build that. Somebody else made that happen.” — Barack Obama
16) After BP had a massive oil spill in the Gulf of Mexico, Obama exacerbated the crisis and dramatically slowed down the clean-up with his incompetent handling of the whole affair. Obama performed so poorly that even James Carville and Chris Matthews were publicly criticizing him.
17) “No, no. I have been practicing…I bowled a 129. It’s like — it was like Special Olympics, or something.” — Barack Obama. Classy!
18) We were told that George W. Bush was a cowboy who was making the world hate us. Yet, as Chuck Norris notes,
The Washington Times reports that, according to a poll by even two left-leaning groups, “A majority of Americans say the United States is less respected in the world than two years ago and believe President Obama and other Democrats fall short of Republicans on the issue of national security.”In February 2012, Gallup reported that “Americans continue to express much greater dissatisfaction than satisfaction with the United States’ position in the world, and their views have improved little since hitting a low point in 2008.”
19) “But I don’t want the folks who created the mess to do a lot of talking. I want them to get out of the way so we can clean up the mess. I don’t mind cleaning up after them, but don’t do a lot of talking.” — Barack Obama. In 2008, Barack Obama ran as a moderate, bipartisan reformer who was going to change the tone in Washington. He has governed as a hyper-partisan, arrogant, divisive, polar opposite of the man he pretended to be in 2008.
20) Although liberals and conservatives disagree on who’s to blame for Obama’s poor performance as President, there seems to be general agreement that he hasn’t done very well. Of course, you can’t tell Obama that.
Oprah: What grade would you give yourself, for this year?
Obama: Um, good solid B+
…Oprah: So B+, what could you have done better?
Obama: Well B+ because of the things that are undone. Health care is not yet signed. If I get health care passed we tip into A minus.
21) Despite claiming to be in favor of traditional marriage to get elected, Barack Obama betrayed Christians by coming out in favor of gay marriage.
22) The First Amendment rights of the Catholic Church are being violated under Obamacare. Despite its long recognized religious opposition to contraceptives and abortifacients, Obama is demanding that Catholic hospitals go against their faith to remain open. Every last Catholic bishop in the United States opposes Obama’s anti-Christian policy and it will likely lead to numerous Catholic hospitals shutting down if Obama is re-elected.
23) Barack Obama despicably played the race card by telling Hispanic Americans that Republicans were their “enemies.”
And if Latinos sit out the election instead of saying, we’re gonna punish our enemies and we’re gonna reward our friends who stand with us on issues that are important to us, if they don’t see that kind of upsurge in voting in this election, then I think it’s gonna be harder – and that’s why I think it’s so important that people focus on voting on November 2.The President of the United States shouldn’t be trying to pit different groups of Americans against each other based on the color of their skin.
24) “The Cambridge police acted stupidly in arresting somebody when there was already proof that they were in their own home. . . . What I think we know — separate and apart from this incident — is that there is a long history in their country of African-Americans and Latinos being stopped by law enforcement disproportionately, and that’s just a fact.” — Barack Obama on the arrest of his friend, Henry Louis Gates.
25) The “Justice Department” helped put guns in the hands of drug cartels via Operation Fast and Furious that were used to kill hundreds of Mexican citizens and at least one American, Brian Terry. After stonewalling a congressional investigation, Barack Obama asserted executive privilege to try to keep the truth from coming out about the biggest scandal since Watergate.
26) We essentially have an open borders policy in America now for illegal aliens who haven’t committed felonies in the United States.
27) Barack Obama is illegally trying to implement the DREAM Act by fiat, despite the fact that it failed to get through Congress.
28) The fence on our southern border was supposed to be completed in 2009. Not only has it not been completed, but the virtual fence has been put off until at least 2016.
29) Because Barack Obama is so out of touch, he thinks that “the private sector is doing fine.”.
30) Obama has blocked the keystone pipeline and ANWR while he has held up offshore drilling in the Gulf and demonized oil companies. It’s hard to say how much more you’re paying at the pump because of Barack Obama, but we can be sure the amount is considerable.
31) In 2011, nearly 1 in 7 Americans were on food stamps. Is setting a record for putting the most Americans on food stamps really the sort of achievement that should merit a second term?
32) Despite the billions of dollars that were spent on TARP, U.S. home ownership is at a decade long low. So is the number of Americans who say their home is worth more than they paid for it. Home prices are the lowest they’ve been since 2002.
33) The staggering cost of the new regulations that the Obama Administration has implemented on American businesses over the last 3 1/2 years? 84 billion dollars.
34) Obama sent BILLIONS of dollars of YOUR TAX DOLLARS overseas as part of the stimulus package. The stimulus may have been a complete failure here in America, but I’m sure the companies in China, Spain, and South Korea sure loved pocketing our money.
35) In a more competent administration, what happened with Johnson Controls, Inc would have been a big scandal. That company was given 300 million dollars of stimulus money and used it to create…..150 jobs. That’s 2 million dollars per job created. Unfortunately, the Obama Administration has performed so poorly, in so many ways, that this minor disaster has barely even been a blip on the radar.
36) George W. Bush started the TARP program, but Barack Obama supported the program, continued it, and made it worse. The cost of bailing out all those “too big to fail” fatcats who wanted capitalism on the way up and socialism on the way down? At least 34 billion dollars of taxpayer money although that dramatically understates the real cost because many banks paid back the TARP money with other funds that they received from the government.
37) We’ve had the longest streak of above 8% unemployment under Barack Obama since the Great Depression. Meanwhile, according to the Obama Administration, his stimulus bill was supposed to have produced 5.6% unemployment by now.
38) The terrible jobless numbers don’t really give you a sense of how badly Obama has done as President because those who quit looking for jobs are no longer counted in the numbers. We’ve had the most rapid decline in labor force participation in recent history under Obama — from 65.7% in 2009 to 63.7% in 2012.
39) Under Barack Obama’s leadership, we’ve had the weakest economic recovery of any country, anywhere in the world since 1970
40) “Look, I’m at the start of my administration. One nice thing about the situation I find myself in is that I will be held accountable. You know, I’ve got four years. And, you know, a year from now I think people are going to see that we’re starting to make some progress. But there’s still going to be some pain out there. If I don’t have this done in three years, then there’s going to be a one-term proposition.” — Barack Obama on the economy
I know – right off the bat some moonbat out there will automatically label me as a racist just for making that statement. Oh well – that just shows they are unwilling to actually listen to someone else’s opinion and would rather jump right on that “racist conservative” bandwagon.
In 2008 it was truly a historic moment – America elected a black man to the highest office in the land. Well, not quite – he is a mulatto – he’s not actually considered a “true” black person. He is half-white and half-black. Why people think he is black is still beyond me. Why isn’t he white? He’s only half one or the other – why do they identify with the “black” side of him? Compared to full blooded African-Americans in this country – Obama is white.
Anyway, to the point of this discussion – this man has proven to be so freakin’ incompetent that he has essentially sealed the fate of all blacks in this country who may have aspired to become President themselves one day. There is a racist stereotype that says all blacks are lazy and stupid. I personally don’t subscribe to that stereotype. But, there are enough real racists out there that do believe that, in addition to some closet racists (liberals) that won’t openly make such a statement. Obama’s total lack of leadership, incompetence, and his ability to find a golf course at crucial moments on a whim as well as dart off on extremely expensive vacations every couple months helps to lend credence to that stereotype.
There will be enough people in the next election who will refuse to vote for him because he is black – not just from the right – but now from the left as well. They will be saying “we never should have put that black man in the White House – he’s a freakin’ lazy good for nothing idiot. Never gonna vote for another black man in my life.” Not only that, but this stereotype will go on in history as well. Historians will not be kind to this idiot in chief at all. History will prove that he is even more incompetent that Jimmy Carter.
Personally, I would vote for Alan West or even Condeeza if either of them ever run. Unfortunately, because of Obama, neither one of them will ever see the oval office from behind the desk.
WTF is going on with the freakin’ gas prices? It is getting absolutely ridiculous once again. The freakin’ middle east is on fire and the price of oil is once again above $100/barrel. When Obambi came in office oil was under $36/barrel.
Do you remember this?
He clearly wants oil and energy prices to be high. He has done everything possible to raise the price of gas. Any good President would have been out front during the Egyptian revolution – it took Obambi 6 days to say anything. A good President would have been out front during the Libyan revolution – Obambi took 9 days to say anything. Jordan, Bahrain, Tunisia – and on March 11th – Saudi Arabia are currently in the middle of civil uprisings – all affecting the price of oil.
We import 63% of all of our oil from foreign countries. Here’s where that oil comes from:
America is the 3rd largest oil producer in the world at 8.7mbl/day. America consumes 21mbl/day. It is estimated we have 150 years worth of oil in reserves. America has 21bbl in proven reserves – which if we produced ALL of our own oil – would last about 10 years. However, there is an estimated 100bbl/d in unproven reserves. These are the ones where geologists believe there is oil – but our government refuses to allow us to do any exploratory drilling. Technically we have about 50 years in reserves if our freakin’ government would just open it up.
This government has done absolutely nothing for 40 years! I remember sitting in the long gas lines with my parents in 1973. It was ridiculous then and it is even MORE ridiculous now that prices are up. That idiot Carter created the Department of Energy that was supposed to lead us to energy independence using ALL of our resources. Instead – we have a multi-billion dollar boondoggle federal government department that has lead us down a path of energy dependence on foreign countries. I was living in Pennsylvania when we had the 3 Mile Island scare – which subsequently resulted in the U.S. halting production of any new nuclear facilities. There hasn’t been a new reactor built in the U.S. in over 30 years. We only have 104 in the entire country and they expect only 2-4 new ones to be on line in 2018. Only 20% of our total energy production is from nuclear. Hell, even France has 75% of their energy coming from nuclear power.
Obambi and the rest of those eco-nutjobs would have us believe that we should shut down ALL coal-fired plants, ALL nuclear powered plants, and shut down ALL oil production and we should only use hydro, wind, and solar power. Well, that is all fine and good – but – at this time NONE OF THEM are a viable source of energy. Hydro power 3% of our total energy in this country. Every location that has strong enough currents to generate hydropower are already in production. 9% is the best we’ll get from that source. Rather than explain it all – check out this chart:
ONLY 8% of our total energy production comes from those renewable sources. Of that 8% only 1% of that is Solar and 9% is wind. If you do the math – that means that only .008% of our entire energy production comes from solar and .072% of our total energy production is wind. These ARE NOT viable options yet this freakin administration is pushing solar and wind. Why? Even those who are experts and pro-wind power says it is not viable. Just check out the Horse Hollow Wind Energy Center in Nolan, Texas. It spans 47,000 acres and only produces 210mw of power. That only provides power for 2500 hours of full load. This is THE largest wind farm in the world and it hardly produces anything. It costs about $1,2 – 2.6 Million per 1mw of power produced. In case you haven’t figured it out yet, 47,000 acres is 74 square miles. Talk about a waste of money, time, and land.
Could someone please explain why this administration insists on playing “Where’s Obama” when it comes to doing what is right for this country? Why is Obambi and this administration so hellbent on destroying our economy? When gas gets to $4/gal again – we’re going to see this economy tank even further – yet – Obambi does nothing, nothing to alleviate the problem. He WANTS oil prices to skyrocket – and I think it is so he can FORCE this alternative energy crap down our throats.
That alternative energy ain’t going to mean shit when people out in the real world can’t afford to get to work and can’t afford to buy food to feed themselves and their families. We are decades away from alternative energy to ever being a viable means of energy production. What needs to be done is to start drilling everything we got and to start putting nuclear facilities online immediately. Once we are energy stable in this country – THEN start investing in these technologies.
Definition of DICTATOR
1a : a person granted absolute emergency power; especially : one appointed by the senate of ancient Romeb : one holding complete autocratic controlc : one ruling absolutely and often oppressively2: one that dictates
It is becoming abundantly clear that Obama is treading dangerously close to becoming a dictator. He has not yet been granted absolute emergency power – however – there are those idiots in the Senate that are trying to do just that.
He is in the process of attempting to hold complete autocratic control over this country as exhibited as follows:
And this list goes on. Never in the history of this country have we ever had a President that flat out refused to enforce a Federal law, nor have we had a President open disobey a Federal Judge. He consistently bypasses Congress. He tramples on our Constitution every day and picks and chooses which laws he thinks is good for the country. He single-handedly decided that DOMA was unconstitutional. Isn’t that the job of SCOTUS? Since when did ANY president get to unilaterally decide which laws are and are not constitutional? We have a system of checks and balances in this country – why the HELL are our Congress and SCOTUS not stepping in?
If there isn’t intervention soon – he will absolutely cross the threshold in to full-blown Dictator.
How is that Hope & Change thing working for you people? He promised to fundamentally transform this country – and he is absolutely doing that.
Here is the full text of the SOTU lies.
He was talking out of both sides of his face last night! He says he will “freeze” spending for the next 10 years and reduce spending by $400 Billion – and in the same breath he talks about TRILLIONS in spending that he wants to do. This guy is a buffoon. He thinks that cutting an average of $40 Billion a year is going to make a dent in the $14 Trillion debt? That is like saving one penny for every $1000 you spend. How the hell does that even make a difference?
What the fuck do we need a high speed rail system for? He wants 80% of the population using it within 25 years????? No one is using the rail system now. We’re talking trillions in spending for nothing. Why do WE need one here? Because China has one? Because France has one? Who gives a shit?
He tried to sound like a Conservative but came off looking like a total idiot. We don’t buy it.
The most laughable line of the night, IMHO, is this:
Now, I strongly believe that we should take on, once and for all, the issue of illegal immigration. And I am prepared to work with Republicans and Democrats to protect our borders, enforce our laws and address the millions of undocumented workers who are now living in the shadows. I know that debate will be difficult. I know it will take time. But tonight, let’s agree to make that effort. And let’s stop expelling talented, responsible young people who could be staffing our research labs or starting a new business, who could be further enriching this nation.
The highlighted section is mine for emphasis. Really? The only people being expelled ARE ILLEGAL ALIENS! They are not staffing our research labs since you need advanced degrees for those jobs. Those types of immigrants actually come here LEGALLY. We’re not expelling BUSINESS OWNERS either….unless you consider drug running, gun running, human trafficking, and prostitution of minors as being self-employed. Real business owners in this country are required to be licensed in the state – again – the only immigrant business owners are here LEGALLY. The statement before this implies that we are kicking out legal immigrants who come to our universities on scholarships. That’s bullshit too. I know two individuals who came here on scholarships and are still working full-time at great jobs. One received a BA, an MBA, and a JD all on a foreign student scholarship. The other one received a BA, and MBA and is now working as a CPA. I am quite sure they are not the only ones.
His other statement alludes to the fact that there are illegal alien kids out there that, through no fault of their own, were brought here by their criminal parents and we are threatening to expel them as well. I say – HELL FUCKING YEAH. Kick their asses out. They are getting scholarships and in-state tuition rates and our own American-born children are being put to the side so these liberal fucking colleges can push these illegal kids through just to push an agenda. I say kick their asses out. They don’t belong here and they are using resources that belong to our children.
This one takes a close second:
But we have to do more. These steps we’ve taken over the last two years may have broken the back of this recession, but to win the future, we’ll need to take on challenges that have been decades in the making.
Bwahaha! Really? Broken this recession? What the fuck country is HE living in? Unemployment is skirting 10%. Here in Florida it is 12.7%. We’re still headed for a freakin’ depression! Jobs remain scarce and with Obamacare still on the table and him talking about raising taxes again – there won’t be more hiring any time soon. When he took the job unemployment was at 6.5%. Because of his failed policies and socialist takeover of private industries he CAUSED the freakin recession to deepen. Like I said – a fucking buffoon.
I’m not going to break down the entire freakin’ speech. I don’t have enough time and I don’t want to bore you all out there with a lengthy dissertation. The fact is – he lied again. This was nothing more than lip service and the speech was hollow.